I thought it might be fun to share a guilt free (low sugar) recipe, I personally love, with all of you!
This recipe is very simple, it only has 9 ingredients and takes about 30 minutes from start to finish!
What you need:
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
What to do:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Add almond milk, coconut oil, cocoa powder and coconut sugar to a medium size saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring frequently!
- Once mixture is bubbling, let boil for 1 minute (keep stirring) and then remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, oats, shredded coconut, vanilla and salt and combine all ingredients.
- Place about a tablespoon of the mixture on your prepped baking sheet. I used a cookie scooper – I found this easier!
- Save a tablespoon of your shredded coconut to sprinkle on top of cookies while still warm!
- I always pop them in the freezer after to help set them, so I can eat one faster 😉